2. I am 25 weeks along now. Next week I have my one-hour glucose test. I did one in my first trimester and passed. I am hoping for the same results this time, but I am not feeling super confident.
3. And because my doctor loves me so much (or not) I also have to do a 24-hour collection test next week. Sometimes my blood pressure is a bit high at my appointments. Not always, just sometimes. I take my blood pressure twice a day at home (doctor's order), and they are always fine. But I am overweight and 40-years old, so both my regular and my high-risk OB are just waiting for bad results. They have already told me that nonstress tests are in my future. I am enjoying the good results while I can.
4. So far I have only gained 18 pounds. Before conceiving, I lost a little over 20 pounds, so I still have not gained all the weight I lost back. I am considering that a win for my overall health!
5. Over the last several weeks, I started incorporating Trim Healthy Mama meals and principles into my day to help control blood sugar levels and keep my weight gain at a slower rate. This week is the first week that I have fully stuck to the program. I am not sure how it has affected my weight or my blood sugar levels, but I have not needed as many Tums this week. Wednesday I didn't need Tums at all, and last night I only needed one Tums before bed. I think that is amazing!
6. I made Bacon Ranch Chicken Casserole for the first time this week, and it was a huge hit.
7. I haven't said much about the boys recently. They are all well and happy. All three of them had birthdays this summer, as I have two June babies and one July baby. Here is a picture of them from last month.
For more Quick Takes please visit Kelly.